Fine Individual Hotels (FiH) is a directory for independently owned boutique hotels in the UK. Members of the directory enjoy many benefits including the generation of both enquiries and booking requests.
In 2014 the owners of FiH identified a need to carry out a range of improvements on the directory and recognised that to achieve this, a more modern technology platform was required. They also identified the need to identify and work with a partner that could help them to market the directory more effectively online.
After talking to a number of potential website development businesses in the north-west, FiH chose to work with Mintcake Design who were commissioned to re-develop the website using the WordPress content management platform and to provide a range of search engine marketing services.
The project for FiH included the following services:
- The re-development of the website which included a small number of design improvements and most importantly the implementation of a mobile friendly design – a factor which is crucially important in the hotel sector.
- The creation of effective content management screens that allow member hotels to more easily manage the information being displayed in their directory listing. This enhancement allows text, images and video files to be added by the hotels themselves.
- Improvements to the back-office administration interface to allow FiH staff to more easily manage day-today operations.
- An on-going Search Engine Marketing campaign aimed at attracting more visitors through improvements in organic rankings in Google and other search engines. This in turn is aiming to enhance the booking potential for the listed hotels.
- The on-going campaign includes both blog copywriting, with the integration of the blog with its various social media platforms.
For more information on Fine Individual Hotels see their website at www.fihotels.com